Dear Friends,
Could I congratulate David on yet another excellent piece of lace.

And may I also publicly acknowledge Julian's promptness and efficiency in posting all my photos. Miss Channer went to the framers this morning.

I can now tell you that she took 158 pairs of bobbins plus 14 pairs for gimps. I used some very beautiful black silk which was sent to me some years ago by Eva from Spain (about equal to a Pipers 2/20) and a rayon for the gimp.

I began the piece on Feb 12th and finished it on May 4th. There were some challenges, particularly around the half way mark when all the bobbins were on board. If I ever make her again I think I would make the sprays of tallies as raised tallies as on the original rather than as I have done them here. Other than that I'm fairly pleased with the result. She'll be mounted on a pale green board with bottle green surround and then a narrow wooden frame with some gilt highlights.

David in Ballarat