Dear Sue

I have never mixed cotton and silk together and it would be interesting to see the result. However be very careful as they do work very differently and any laundering (but I guess you don't plan to) may provide unwanted complications. The only threads I have mixed together are metallics and cotton in pictures. Would be interested in comments from others. If you are prepared to experiment on a small piece and see how it works then do so, and, of course, let us all know.

Maureen
From East Yorkshire
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sue" <hurwitz...@supanet.com>
To: "Arachne" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 5:20 PM
Subject: [lace] silk and cotton

Update,  I have completed my napkin strips and need to sort out my reading
matter and material to make these up oer the coming days (taking a brief break
before I go for that), but my pillows are all now empty.
My garter pattern isn't ready to begin or my photo frame designed, so i
thought I would attempt to do the S in milanese braid style in silk. Only my second time with silk and also my second working milanese braids of any kinds
so a learning curve in lots of ways.  I hope I can do it justice.

My question for you all today, (what would I do without you all? ) is do any of you use cotton threads on a length of lace and some silk along the edges as I am considering whether It would work for the garter outer fans. Is this OK
or a very bad idea?

Sue T Dorset, UK
Bobbin Lace and Glass engravings
http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk