The other thing to remember if you are cutting your own blocks (and I think
most bought pillows have them) is to have two half blocks.  These are most
useful to move your work - you don't always want to move a whole block and the
half blocks make life soooo much easier.  You never work on the half blocks
they are just used to move the lace around.

The pillow I'm using at the moment has extra wide blocks and I am able to do
two strips of my curtain at the same time, but it doesn't come with half
blocks and sometimes it is either quite a stretch to reach where I'm working
or I have all the bobbins hanging off the bottom into my lap.

Malvary in Ottawa, Canada where we are finally having some summer 30c today
with humidity index of 35.  After the wettest July ever recorded (in fact it
was the wettest month ever recorded) this is welcome.  Even hotter tomorrow
and Monday.