What I would call a box file looks like this:

http://www.ryman.co.uk/Box-Files-15.asp

or

http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/filing-and-archive-supplies/box-
files

I think there is something similar on the US Staples site, but when you try and look at something it asks you where you want it delivered to!

Possibly if you find what you mean on a European site, print off an image and take it with you to an office stationers, might they be able to go from there - it might just be a case of them calling it something totally different!

though they tend to have a magnetic closure rather than elastic.

In message <200909040824.40631.b...@capuchin.co.uk>, Beth Marshall <b...@capuchin.co.uk> writes
Hi everyone

I'm intrigued by this - can't quite visualise the folder from Tess & Tamara's descriptions.
This was the nearest I could think of:
http://www.ryman.co.uk/Europa-A4-Portfolio-01350104.asp
In the UK, these are more often seen in plastic than cardboard nowadays, under a bewildering variety of names (wallet, folder, portfolio according to the manufacturer's whim) - any stationer will have
various sizes of plastic ones in stock.

If these are what Tess is after I'll buy a handful while they're on special offer and hold a raffle!

Beth
in a showery Cheshire, NW England

Tamara wrote:
It's a *single* folder -- not expanding, not a box -- much like ours are, except that they do not
have the spine holes to put them into a binder. But, instead of opening
like a book -- two parts, each with a little pocket at the bottom --
it's more like an envelope. There's a little flap on top and the
"envelope" is held closed with a piece of elastic , which slides over a
corner.

--
Jane Partridge