There is a group of lacemakers in Sri Lanka who make *very nice* lace to
sell. The prices are most reasonable, better than one of us (speaking for
myself anyway) would even think of selling, as a hobby lacemaker. There are
individuals in the UK and Europe who help promote these laces; the
lacemakers are from disadvantaged situations, and this setup is a win-win
solution. The laces I have seen look identical in a given pattern. I do not
know who they are exactly, nor who to contact, but that is what I would look
for. Perhaps someone else on the list has a contact name for this group in
the UK.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada