Bev may be thinking of:  http://www.powerofhandsfoundation.co.uk/

Begin forwarded message:

From: bev walker <walker.b...@gmail.com>
Date: 22 September 2009 13:35:07 GMT-03:00
To: Carol <nestalace.ca...@btopenworld.com>
Cc: lace@arachne.com
Subject: Re: [lace] Set of 18 8" Doyleys - Fine Lace ....

There is a group of lacemakers in Sri Lanka who make *very nice* lace to sell. The prices are most reasonable, better than one of us (speaking for myself anyway) would even think of selling, as a hobby lacemaker. There are
individuals in the UK and Europe who help promote these laces; the
lacemakers are from disadvantaged situations, and this setup is a win-win solution. The laces I have seen look identical in a given pattern. I do not know who they are exactly, nor who to contact, but that is what I would look for. Perhaps someone else on the list has a contact name for this group in
the UK.

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot