Dear Sue,
If it were up to me, I'd go for attractiveness every time. Great minds.....

David in Ballarat

I have a question for lacemakers with some knowledge of Chantilly.

I am trying to reconstruct an old pattern and have realised that I don't know the answer to a question I have. I am looking at areas of the lace which are enclosed with two gimps. They are in effect making a stem for the floral patterns to go off.

The lace that I am studying has been so stretched out of shape that I can't tell the answer from it.

In geometric Bucks, the pinholes would go on the pre-existing grid and it would be all straightforward. In floral Bucks they could be moved so that the design flowed well. I don't have enough background knowledge of Chantilly to know what should happen. Should I use the regular pinholes, or should I use ones placed to look more attractive?

You can tell which I would prefer to do, simply from the way I phrased the last sentence!!! However I would like to know which would be correct in Chantilly lace

Sue

sueba...@comcast.net