Thanks Jean - I should have said that. Yes, things change in the headside, but I'm looking at dots in the motif in the middle of the lace. The unanimous consensus is to make the lace attractive rather than fitting the regular grid. So everyone agrees with me - how wonderful!!!!!
Sue
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean Leader" <lacema...@q7design.demon.co.uk>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] Chantilly question

On Oct 13, 2009 Tamara P Duvall wrote:

Bucks is the only (to my knowledge) Point Ground lace which makes the
distinction between "geometric" and "floral". All  other PG laces seem
to ignore that distinction and use the "stick to the regular ground  for
as long as is feasible/sensible but the *result* is more important  than
the measuring tape". Ie, "looks" trump the "rules"

But even in "geometric" Bucks you'll find that pin holes are shifted, particularly at the headside, to give a more pleasing effect. I've seen this in old Bucks prickings that I own and I seem to remember that Pam Nottingham mentions it in one of her books but can't find where right now.