Another thought to add to the mix. I wind my bobbins to ensure I am not adding or removing the thread's twist, but I still find it untwists as I work. Years ago it was suggested to me that I might be twisting my bobbins as I work my lace unintentionally. I now keep an eye on my threads and find from time to time I need to give my bobbins a twist the other way to put the twist back on the thread.

Claire
Kent,UK

Claire Allen
www.bonitocrafts.co.uk