When my mother was still with us, every time there was a new baby expected
in the family she would knit a shawl called "The Tree of Life" it is a
beautiful pattern and I lost count of how many she had knitted.  When she
passed away my youngest son and his wife has just got married and when they
were expecting their first child my DIL was quite upset because she would
not get a shawl like all the others for their babies, luckily I had kept
some of mums knitting patterns (the ones that had memories mainly) so I took
on the mantle of new baby shawl knitter I am so glad that there have not
been too many babies since that time because it is extremely time consuming,
but satisfying.
If you want to see the pattern it is on  webshots if anybody wants any
further information please contact me privately

Sue M Harvey
NorfolkUK