With larger prickings on a cookie pillow, such as a square pricking, I pin
down the part that shows, and only one pin per corner, for the lower part
that is covered with a dressing cloth.  I just pin at the sides where
needed.

Then as I move down, and move the dressing cloth, those side pins can be
moved to keep the pricking down on the pillow, and any unevenness is hidden
by the dressing cloth.

I don't pin it securely All around at the beginning, as there is always some
buckling  around the edges when using a cookie pillow, and leaving some of
it looser allowes for this, and leaves the part you are working on to lie
flat.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com