hm, well - my prickings are paper photocopies with a layer of clear packing
tape. You could try the tethers (or moorings - thanks Sally!), they do hold
and there is no see-saw pulling on the pricking that would cause a tear. I
sew the threads through the pricking with a needle. If there is a concern
with tearing, reinforce the point of attachment with tape :)
You don't *have* to try it, it is more fiddly than simply placing pins, but
it is a different and rather pleasing set-up.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada