Dear David,

You have to use the right pins to get the pricking on the pillow.  The right
pins have a very flat head.  I use ordinary sewing pins, which are thin in the
shaft and usually have a nice flat head.  I press them into the pillow well,
almost a slight depression there, and I never have a problem with the pins.  I
know I did this with success with my Honiton learning flower.  But then there
was the cover cloths....  With coarser threads 60/2, I have done this with
success, no cover cloths, etc.

Lyn from Pennsylvania, where it's blowing, cloudy, but everything is greening
and growing.  Tulips are coming out.  lrb