This
> Here's a handkerchief/veil with a lace edging, with the most interesting
> crenellation on the interior border of the edging: http://tinyurl.com/2unz46p
is a lovely piece of lace.
After the close ups, which aren't rally clear, it looks like handmade bobbin
lace. It
is an unusual design with this straight parts who form squares. Partly it has
the look of an older Flanders, no gimp around the motives, partly it looks like
wrong worked. It doesn't look like Binche after my opinion.
The part with the little rounds is so blurred so I can't see if those are
snowflakes or bollertjes or linen stitch with a hole, but they look
interesting.
The look of the fabric make the impression that the handkerchief is an old one.

Ilske