I am about to write an essay "In Praise of Antique Bobbin Makers". It was inspired by this thread (No... you makers are not antiques!) I just thought that the information on this thread will be really valuable valuable for the "Springetts" of 100 years time.

There is a wealth of practical art on you pillows that someone will sure want to study in the future.

I notice one correspondent said that she had the "first" pair of bobbin a particular maker created.

Merrilyn Finlay (West Australia) has my first pair... they were more like pokers than bobbins, I tried to get them back off her, but NO she would hold me to ransom at some future date. :(

From Brian and Jean
Cooranbong. Australia