>>>and I just found I have one of your cousin's bobbins in huon pine - I
think it was one that Mum bought and gave me for birthday or Christmas one
year).<<<

Yes, Helen and David, I bought bobbins made by David's cousin when we
visited Tasmania, and I found them in a nice little shop...!  David had told
me about them, so I searched them out!!

Which also brings to mind another Tassie bobbin maker - David Potter. He
makes some very interesting pierced ones, amongst others!

Also, from many years ago, Valerie???    who produced tartan bobbins.  She
also made (or her Dad did!) pillow stands.  Can you remember her last name,
Helen?

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com