Hi All,

I have been rootling through some of my favourite bobbins, and I have several on one of my current pillows made by Pauline Denmark's husband - they are so lovely, most of the ones I have are spliced with different colours (and what a job it was to find *just* the right beads to spangle them!) and are so slender and good to handle - and to look at!

I am also hard-pushed not to spend the enture housekeeping (and more ...) on Malcolm Fowler's wonderful, slender glass bobbins. He fills them and decorates them with the most exquisite beads, lace, etc., and even made me some with my grand children's baby hair in, as well as an extra special, fatter pair with some baby teeth inside. Not to everyone's taste, those latter, but I love them! They are made of Pyrex glass, I think, so are also very hardwearing.

Back to the pillow, to find some more ....

Carol - in Suffolk UK
'Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant uspeace in our day.'
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roberta S Donnelly" <bobbil...@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [lace] bobbin makers