There's another type of tape which might be interesting - 3M Vetrap Bandage
Tape made for horses' legs.  It's not sticky, but clings to itself.  Trouble
is it comes in large rolls which might keep a lacemaker supplied for several
lifetimes <G>.
Margery.
margerybu...@o2.co.uk in North Hertfordshire, UK