I have about 500 Binche bobbins that I bought from Holly, and they are
smaller than the "usual" Binche bobbins...  but not by much.  Still, I
love working with these bobbins when I'm doing a large Binche project.
I'm not sure my fingers could cope with anything smaller than the 3 3/8"
"fine" Binche though!  I have one of the tiny ones...  it measures 3
1/8", and I think a pillow full would be hard for me to get used to!!
I have recently started a Flanders project which requires E.C. 70/2, and
I felt that my fine Binche bobbins were not quite up to size for this
thread, so am using the "usual" Binche instead.  I'm also having to
borrow and "make do" with lots of bobbins, since this project calls for
312 bobbins!!  It does seem crazy to have to buy, borrow, and "make do"
on a project when I have so many of the others, but I just don't think
they would mix well together.  It's probably just my OCD showing again!  ; )

I believe that someone out there is making (probably mass-produced) a
tiny bobbin.  Atelier MB offers a "mini" bobbin (5 cm long).  These are
probably intended for decorative use, but some brave soul with tiny
fingers - and some of Bart & Francis' 240/2 cotton -  might be able to
work with them!!!

Sadly, I don't think Holly carries the fine Binche bobbins any more.
I'm glad I stocked up while I could!!

Clay