Two ply threads *don't* make particularly crisp lace.  If you use a three ply
it will be crisper.  The most readily available three ply thread, in white and
a lot of colours, in the same thickness as Brok or Egyptian 36/2 is common old
Sylko 50 - made by Coats, Tootle, Amann.... It's now just labelled as Coats
Cotton Thread and comes in sizes 30, 40, 50 and 80 so you need to get the right
size.

As Jacqui has already said, Brok 36/2 is Z spun and Egyptian 36/2 is S spun so
they are not exactly the same.  Coats Cotton (Sylko) is Z spun.

Brenda

On 3 Nov 2010, at 07:50, Sue wrote:

> Thank you Sue, for reminding me of the embroidery threads for colours  (I
> have lots and always forget they are there to be used, ;-)  What I would
> still like to know is what other white threads would look and work in a
> similar way to the broke and Egyptian 36/2 size.   I want to buy more to keep
> available for handky edgings, yardage type laces because I want the crisp
> fresh lovely look of these other threads.

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.me.uk