From:
David C COLLYER <dccoll...@ncable.net.au>
To: lace@arachne.com
Sent: Fri, June
24, 2011 11:07:41 AM
Subject: [lace] Exciting News

G'day Friends,

Had to pop
down to Geelong tonight (100km) for the opening of the National Scarf
Festival at the Wool Museum.

My Toender Point Ground Lace scarf in Vietnamese
silk won the Thematic Category
(Rhythm of Life). It took about 4 months to
make and was 2200 hours' work. It's
up for sale at AUS $2000 - wonder if it
will go?

The organizers had gone round the Op Shops and bought up a heap of
old LP
records which they then bent at right angles. Each of the 250 or so
scarves were
then draped over a record which hung from the ceiling on a
slender cord, to show
it off to its best advantage.

I was duly interviewed
by the Geelong Advertiser newspaper and photos were
taken. Not sure whether
it will be in tomorrow's or Monday's issue.

I didn't even know what the prize
would be, but it turned out to be $100 cash
plus a certificate which had been
personalized on a CD label that was then stuck
on to an old 45rpm EP record.
Mine happened to be the David Bowie hit
"Amsterdam" - appropriate some might
say. I believe the exhibition runs till