To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 5:07 PM
Subject: [lace] Exciting News

G'day Friends,

Had to pop down to Geelong tonight (100km) for the opening of the
National Scarf Festival at the Wool Museum.

My Toender Point Ground Lace scarf in Vietnamese silk won the
Thematic Category (Rhythm of Life). It took about 4 months to make
and was 2200 hours' work. It's up for sale at AUS $2000 - wonder if it will go?

The organizers had gone round the Op Shops and bought up a heap of
old LP records which they then bent at right angles. Each of the 250
or so scarves were then draped over a record which hung from the
ceiling on a slender cord, to show it off to its best advantage.

I was duly interviewed by the Geelong Advertiser newspaper and photos
were taken. Not sure whether it will be in tomorrow's or Monday's issue.

I didn't even know what the prize would be, but it turned out to be
$100 cash plus a certificate which had been personalized on a CD
label that was then stuck on to an old 45rpm EP record. Mine happened
to be the David Bowie hit "Amsterdam" - appropriate some might say. I
believe the exhibition runs till some time in August and would be
well worth a visit if you can.

Just thought you'd like to know
David in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia