One of the problems is that once you've got your basic pillow, sufficient bobbins and (usually too many) books (for you to complete everything in it you want to), really the only thing you NEED is thread. And that won't keep a supplier in business. They rely, not only on newbies, but those of us who already have the basic supplies WANTING extra pillows, patterns, books, bobbins and other equipment ......

The there's the question are there sufficient young people taking up the craft and buying the supplies to replace those of us in our dotage who will eventually give up because we can no longer cope or go to join other lacemakers on a cloud.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK