I have 1 Dryad one, but haven't had any problems with it (yet).

However, I do have another more gently domed pillow which I like. I think I got it from one of our students who passed away a few years ago. It is actually made from graduated circles of half inch thick white styrofoam so I wasn't surprised that it had broken down when I unwrapped it. I found a piece of styrofoam and carefully cut out the middle which was mostly a pile of little styrofoam balls and a replacement piece to fill in the hole. I had found previously that the sort of foam core wrapping stuff (not bubble wrap otherwise it would be noisy to make lace on it) which is about eighth of an inch thick worked as a cover and holds the pins nicely and the holes close up (like ethafoam). I covered the pillow with about 5 layers and then put a layer of quilt batting and then put the cover back on. It is holding up really well. I did need to make some little wedge shaped cuts in the layers I put on, so that they lay flat, but that wasn't rocket science. Just made the cuts where it wasn't flat and made the cuts at a different place on each layer.

You could try slicing the top off one of your pillows and then build up the top of the dome with any of the above items or thick felt, or felted wool blanket. Or just slice the top off and shape the sides so you have a less steep dome (I find my less steep dome is my go to pillow when I don't need a block or roller pillow). As you have 3, you have 3 different things to play with.

Malvary in Ottawa who seems to have a furnace working today after a week of intermittent service and 5 engineers coming for prolonged periods of time and the temperatures this week have been down in the -20's with wind chills of -30's. Lace Guild meeting here this afternoon, so I hope it keeps working.