I think it was David in Ballarat who suggested a way to deal with knotting the ends of silk threads, which seems to work well for me.

He uses a variation on a reef (square) knot:

1 left over right, but go over a second time before tightening the knot up
2 right over left
3 left over right again.

I find this helps.

If you are really concerned, and the piece is going to get a lot of wear and tear, I would darn the ends back in.

If you are even more concerned, then a TINY drop of superglue will set the knot firmly in place!! Just enough glue to be carried to the knot on the tip of a pin is sufficient. Silk is very absorbent and will soak it up. This sort of amount is not really noticeable (other than by magnifying glass or touch).

Sue

sueba...@comcast.net
-----Original Message----- From: Miriam Gidron

I'm  working with Guetterman silk thread and I have trouble with knots and
tying off. The knots,  although "hearing" the little click when making it,
seems to open up after several tugs.

When tying off at the end I have a feeling that the knots are not firmly
done and would open up at any moment.