Wow, talking about the meat trays, those styrofoam trays are not very deep,
but they are smooth and will hold weight.  you can get a few free from
butchers but collect the right size to suit you.  If you cover it with
cloth and also have the side flaps mentioned above, that would serve for
travel as well as "holding" them for use.  I would be tempted to have the
flaps extra long so several trays could be stacked and then secured
together.  The edge would allow scooping without actually changing the
configuration.  But if you wanted smaller ones that would only hold maybe
10-12 bobbins each, you can cut them in half and use the lack of the lip as
the scoop.  I will have to test this out myself as a rubber band can secure
the bobbins in the tray and altho it would suffer, you can use divider or
hat pins to secure the tray to the pillow.  these can be disposable after a
few uses.

Hugs, Lin and the Mali
Overton, NV USA

--
Hugs, Lin and the Mali
*Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell