Hello Liz and everyone

Oh that Bing ;)
When I read the title, "Ciseaux Aiguilles de Dentellière ..." etc. I
translated that as Needlelace Scissors, rare and unusual.
In the later description, 'old' is added...
Then this is intriguing:
"En creux Breveté SGDG et REPAI??. Bel état.".... possibly "Engraved with
the patent/licence SGDG and REPAI?? [hard to read on the tool?!]. Good
condition."

They look like a specialty tool from a textile manufactory.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Elizabeth Ligeti <lizl...@bigpond.com>wrote:

> I put the French explanation into my Bing Translator and came up with :-
>
> " Old scissors needle holder lacemaker. Not found and unusual."  Make of
> that what you will!!!!!!
>
> That translation seems to imply it was a scissor type of needle holder.
>  The
> points of the needles seem to pushed in to a piece on the scissors, and to
> get one out - one opens the scissors, and removes a needle.
>
> Very odd!!!
>
> --
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada