My Lace Guild magazine arrived today but DH didn't tell me.  I spotted the
envelope after dinner and settled down for a read.  Imagine my surprise when,
on
page 21 there is a photo of my needlelace effort for the Lace Street.  I sent
the photo I based the design on of my home along with a scan of the lace and
Susan put a note in that it looks just like the real house.  Then, on page 30
there is a design based on a Viking Stone from St.  Martin's Church in
Kirklevington which is the small village in Cleveland, UK that I moved from to
the US.  Imagine, there were lacemakers nearby and I knew nothing about them.
moved here in 1982 and didn't start making lace until 1993, Wow - 20 years ago!!

Anyway, now that I know how to get my photos on Flickr, I have added one of the
Lester piece after I cut the bobbins off.  Looks like spaghetti lace.  And, now
that the house has appeared in the magazine, I added that one for you all to
see
in my gallery on Flickr.  Thanks also again to Sue Babbs for the review of
Lace8
which I have now got to work on my Macbook in VirtualBox.

Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org