Hi Noelene and fellow Arachnids,

This is another lovely poem Noelene! You are so clever in following the recent thread of discussion. If I may have your permission I'll print it and take it to my classes as they'll love it as well and several students are not on line.

Thank you very much for sharing your efforts with us.

Happy lace making.

Joepie in -a still very cold for the time of the year- East Sussex, UK

-----Original Message----- From: Noelene Lafferty
Subject: [lace] New poem

As usual, it's conversations on Arachne that have prompted a new poem.

Lacemaking is good for your health.

Lacemaking is such an adaptable skill
It can suit many levels and ages.
And with internet access to help show the way
Just tackle each problem in stages.

We can't all be experts at Flanders and Binche
And use thread of the daintiest weight
But with the right tools and the proper mindset
You can still do your lace and create.

There's a lady I taught once, some 80 years young
Paralysed in one arm with a stroke.
But with bobbins with spangles each secured by a pin
Her love of creating awoke.

If your fingers have joints which have stiffened with age
Try a bigger size bobbin and pin
And the exercise gained without physical strain
From all views, is always a win.

Is your eyesight the worry?  Perhaps a good light.
And a pair of some really good glasses
Even webcam and screen for a really big "look"
Get cracking before the time passes.

For the delight that is gained from creating some lace
Is the best tonic since time began.
Find some way to do it, don't ever say "can't"
And prove to the world that you can.

Noelene Lafferty in Cooma, Australia
April, 2013