One more quick note:

> And schools are planned with youngsters without walkers or canes

Yes, and also, when they built the college or school people were generally
smaller. I have attended conferences (Not IOLI) where quite a few people had
trouble getting into the shower stall, let alone showering in it.

In general, it's not the registration fee that keeps me from coming to a
conference. It's that typically I can afford either a large travel cost or a
large hotel cost but not both. I know the conference organizers work hard to
keep costs down but they can't help where I live!

Adele
North Vancouver, BC