Sorry all,

I have a book stand i secure to my pillow (along with a magnifier and a
clip on light which attaches to my tripod pillow stand) which holds the
reader for easy reference (a bit heavier than a couple sheets of paper) but
i do have to use a rubber band to make sure it doesn't accidentally fall
off.

Hugs, Lin and the Mali

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM, Lin Hudren <linhud...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> light which is now being discovered to be a problem.  i have to have light
> on it like a regular paper book but the weight is so easy to hold for long
> periods - much lighter than even a paperback book.  i do not have glare in
> the outside daylight like my phone or xyboard so i can "see" better in
> daylight and a light clipped onto it at night is great.
>
> when i have a lace project, i can photograph the diagrams with my phone
> and convert a collage of the pattern into a pdf document and load it onto
> the eReader and carry that with me rather than a book.  i save wear and
> tear on my books - i do have two boxes of lace books i refuse to give up.
>  maybe some day i will scan those in and make them into a pdf documents to
> put on the eReader.
>
> last idea is that i carry this with me everywhere.  i do not carry a purse
> or even a backpack any longer.  i have tummy pockets (like those on hooded
> sweatshirts) on most of my shirts and it fits nicely in there.  i can
> attach a earphone to it and listen to a book while i do yard work, ironing,
> walking for exercise and even standing in line at the grocery store (no
> bluetooth).  again, it is not for everyone but it sure has made my life
> more pleasant and it keeps on giving.
>
> enjoy everything you do and all the benefits our times allow us.  i don't
> text on phones tho.  i can do email on the kindle keyboard with wifi
> connection, but i use my xyboard, cell or computer for that.  i like a full
> keyboard for typing.  Happy trails.
>
> Hugs, Lin and the Mali
> Overton, NV USA
> "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more
> painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin
>

> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM, <lynrbai...@desupernet.net> wrote:
>
>> Dear Doris, et al,
>> Personally, I doubt that anyone alive today will need to worry about
>> living without books, because they are all some sort of electronic.  I
>> usually choose paper books, but it must be admitted that a book or two on
>> the phone is a comfort and space saver, especially ones I already have
that
>> are way, way outside the copyright laws.  Pride and Prejudice on my phone,
>> Ruins of Lace is there, to see if I want to read it again before forking
>> out any more money than less than a ride on the subway in New York.
>>
>> For the last 500 years, humankind has been dealing with paper books.  I
>> don't think we've seen the end of those yet.  We may yet, but not right
>> now.  And, who knows, maybe digital books are enticing those who don't
read
>> REAL books to read.  Only time will tell.  I do know that reference books
>> are easier to use as books, and more reliable in a way.  Paper books don't
>> crash.
>>
>> While libraries are wonderful, it is good to have certain books, Tolkein,
>> Jane Austen, Harry Potter, those we read over and over, on the shelves.
It