It seems as though Scandinavian schools, in the past at least,  had a
crafts curriculum. When I was young a girl moved to our neighborhood from
Norway. She had a complete set of doll clothes that she had knitted. When I
asked
her about it, she said she had knitted them in school. Why don't we do
things like this in our school, I recall thinking.
Later, I met a lacemaker who was Scandinavian, and she said  she had
learned bobbin lace, and many other crafts, because her best friend's  mother
was
the administrator in charge of hand crafts for the local school  district. I
recall thinking, wow, they actually have such a position in schools  there.
So, what is the educational justification that Scandinavians  use, or used
for this curriculum? Do they still do it?

Devon