I have been using an App for my android mobile phone called Book Catalogue
by Evan Leybourn for some time.   It uses the camera in the phone to scan
the barcode, which then automatically searches the internet for that book,
and places all details of it, including a thumbnail of the cover and a brief
description, into the catalogue.    Then, when I bought my android tablet, I
also placed the app on that and I synchronise the data between the two
appliances.

If the book has no barcode, its ISBN number can be keyed in manually.
Failing that, the entire details can be keyed in manually and a picture of
the cover taken and included.

Having it on my mobile phone means I can always check if I already have the
book if I see something for sale.
Oh yes, and the whole thing can be exported to or imported from a
spreadsheet CSV file and emailed.  And it doesn't have any advertising!

Noelene in Cooma
nlaffe...@ozemail.com.au

Who else has their books inventoried, and how did you do it?
Alice in Oregon