Hello Carol and everyone

I agree with Carol and others, it really is useful at a demo to be able to
show the range of bobbin lace. I would take a simple project to work on, if
not the have-a-go pillow itself, as well as another pillow with something
more elaborate on it for comparison (also useful to work on during a lull).
A piece of clear vinyl is tucked around it when one's attention is diverted
-  in case of helpful passersby.

If carrying a lot of 'stuff'  would be a problem, I take just one pillow,
appropriate to the setting and particular crowd, and visuals (e.g. a photo
album, lace magazines, finished examples) so that visitors could see at a
glance other aspects of bobbin lace. I'm sure others do this too :)

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada