I am about an inch away from completing the altar cloth. That's a total of 134 inches, 3 2/3 yards, or 3 meters, 35 cm. Makes me feel good. But now I want to go on and make the larger pricking for the communion table. Same pattern, but bigger. The thread called for is Bockens 25/3 with 18/5 for the gimp. The problem is that Bockens 25/3 is tan, which won't work for a white cloth. So I was told to double another thread. According to Brenda Paternoster's thread book, 25/3 is 14 wraps, and 18/5 is 9 wraps.

Now, here's my question. If you're looking to double a thread, do you go to something that is double the desired thread in wraps and double it? 80/2 Bockens is 28 wraps, so that doubled it would be 14. I realize that the best thing is to try it out, but I'd much rather stack the odds toward succeeding in the first try. Also, will doubled gimp work?

What are your thoughts?  What have I forgotten?

Lyn from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where spring is making it's presence known. Birds going crazy, sun getting warmer, snow melting.