Hello all,

Although my English may not be correct in many ways, I want to give my
opinion, based in what I have studied a long time ago. In fact, we can use
the word LACE in singular or plural depending on its meaning.

If we use "lace" (in singular), we are using the word with a collective
meaning, that is, lace as a group of laces, in a general sense: for
example, "lace is made in my country",  "I like making tape lace", "lace
lessons", etc.

But if we use "laces" (in plural), we are being more specific: "the laces
made in our workshop.., or the ones made in England", "laces made in such
technique... ".

For this reason, in many cases we can use either the singular or the plural
form, depending on the meaning we want or need. And often, we can even use
both forms without making an important change in the meaning.

Hope this helps to all those language lovers!

Best wishes from Spain (where we finally have rain!)

Antje González
ww.vueltaycruz.es
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TwistAndCross