Hi Heather,

I make Beds lace and use the Continental Square bobbins as they
are less expensive when buying in bulk than a lot of other bobbins.  I like
the way they stay put on the pillow.  I also have at least 16 pairs of Richard
Pikul bobbins as I love the feel of his bobbins.  I have enough for using on a
Milanese pillow, which is my favorite lace.

Janice

<So! If you were advising
a beginner Beds lacer, what sort of bobbins
should I order first? I am rather
fond of the sleek look of the
squared off continental. (I've a single pair of
those, already) The
very light continental bobbins that came with my kit are
rolling like
mad and driving me a bit mad, but when one is a beginner,
everything
feels like a challenge, so I can accept that I simply need to gain
practice in bobbin taming.>

Janice Blair
Murrieta, CA, 60 miles north of
San Diego