Dear Noelene,
I love your poetry, and have saved this one as well.  You put things so very
well.

But, taking the sense of your poem, Retirement seems to do that.  I am a
morning person, and so I tend to get up at 5 a.m.  Since retired people
generally don't have to be breakfasted, dressed and sensible at 7:30 in the
morning, I go downstairs, the dog and I go get the paper, I make the coffee and
tea, start breakfast if necessary, and then sit down with my coffee and start
to make lace.  It's set up at the end of the kitchen table, near the sliding
glass door, with the mug heater on the table for the coffee, and off I go,
until the sun rises, frequently.  Simply keeping the lace set up ready to go,
without bobbin holders pinned down and only the cover cloth properly over all,
entices me to sit and make lace.

Might also help to schedule in the lace making as part of your chores, or an
award for some chores finished.  I consider sorting lace books a chore, as I am
not making lace.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where it's 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning
and I've done 2 hours of lace.  Big mug of coffee is finished.