      From: J-D Hammett <jdhamm...@msn.com>
 To: Sue Hottle <hottl...@neo.rr.com>; Lace Arachne <lace@arachne.com>; Robin
P <robinl...@socal.rr.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:46 PM
 Subject: Re: [lace] Wool for a bolster pillow?

Hi Fellow spiders,
Just a slight correction on Robin s email;- calico is a sturdy densely woven
cotton fabric in England and well suited for covering a lace pillow especially
if it is in a plain, darkish colour. Muslin is a softer, thinner and much more
open weave which would be totally unsuitable for a pillow cover as it would
catch threads and bobbins as well as shed fibres.
Happy lace making,
Joepie in sunny Sussex, UK.