Re: I think your choice of words is appropriate. I would  use
white = bleached,
cream = half bleached,
ecru = 1/4  bleached,
natural (or gray) = unbleached. For linen the term "gray" is  often used to
mean unbleached, although the color is like a dark  ecru.
Lorelei

When flax is prepared to make linen thread it gores through a process called
retting. Traditionally flax stems are allowed to start rotting in order to
free the fibres either by leaving the cut stems outside so that dew forms on
them or by leaving them in water. One of these processes results in grey
fibres, the other ecru. So the colour of the unbleached linen is the result of
the retting process used and also the weather at the time and the time that
has been allowed for the process. Being a natural product the colour will
depend on the growing season and how the retting process in managed and will
vary from year to year.

Blow the dust, let’s make lace

Alex