Agree with Alex and Brenda. I grow flax for handspinning. Have done so for six
years. Environmental conditions do affect color as does retting process, be it
dew retting, pond retting, or my method baby pool retting. I believe the flax
seed variety also gives subtle color differences at least in my experience.

Sue M.
Exhausted having passed my master handspinning certificate exam.