I was in Bruges last October, and can confirm what Achim says. The Kantcentrum
and its museum have indeed moved, because the owners of the property, in which
it used to be, wanted to sell the building. The new centre is modern, light and
friendly, and the museum is excellent. There is modern and old lace on show,
interactive displays, a film of the history of lace, displays of pillows and
other equipment. We were a group of twenty, and most, if not all, visited the
museum and I think all agreed that it was excellent, and that the displays
interested both lace makers and tourists alike. Our tutor was Anne-Marie
Verbeke, who was very interested to know what we thought of the new museum, if
we visited it. We were able to reassure her that it was really good! Also, it
is still possible to visit the classes In the centre, and watch lace being
made, if you are there at the right time.

The shop in Baalstraat, (opposite the Kantcentrum,) which is called
t'Apostielente, is full of genuine hand made lace for sale, both modern and
antique, at, as Achim says, reasonable prices. It also has a full range of
lacemaking supplies. There are one or two shops in the centre of Bruges which
sell genuine hand made lace, with certificates of authenticity. I can't
remember their names at the moment, but maybe someone else can.

Kathleen
In Berkshire, UK
Sent from my iPad