LOL, I respectfully disagree. When I use silk 120/2, also Treenway, my
umbrella swift is like having a third hand. The skein itself has enough
thread to last a lifetime or three of bobbin lacing. It is sold as weaving
yarn, for those who like doing projects at 40 ends per inch.
If the swift is secure, a skein shouldn't drop, unless the skein itself was
poorly wound. Or if it does loosen in the process, that is just something
to watch for.

I also use the swift for winding bobbins from skeins of embroidery floss.
This saves me a lot of headache as I don't have the knack for pulling a
length from the folded skein - now *that* makes a tangled mess in my hands.

Admittedly, winding bobbins from a spool is a lot less fuss than from a
skein on an umbrella swift. We do what we can with what we have.
I don't have a skein winder but I do like using the niddy-noddy, good for
winding small skeins of bobbin lace threads for dyeing projects.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada