Let us look at Yarn Winders again.  This subject may be confusing to  some
lacemakers who do not work with what I'll call "yarns" (vs.  "threads").

It happens that I was in Bath Maine on Monday.  Halcyon Yarn is  located
there, and ships all over the world.  We have a lot of women  spinning,
weaving, knitting and so forth in Maine.  So, I thought some of  you might like
look up all the yarn winding options - some much too expensive  to consider
for one project, but the pictures might inspire you to  improvise - based
on the photos.

Search for Yarn Winder at _www.halcyonyarn.com_
(http://www.halcyonyarn.com)

Different subject related to Halcyon - If you'd like to comment on  this
paragraph, please quote this, and change the subject to Halcyon Yarn or
Bobbin Lace Beginner's Kit, so it can be found in our archives.  This is  the
company our Tess helped to set up a bobbin lace beginner's kit years  ago.  It
is about as reasonable at $100 as one can get from a  commercial source (vs.
making your own pillow and bobbins), though I  remember looking at my copy
of "Bobbin Lace Without a Teacher" by Betty Alderson  (24-pg. booklet pub.
by Snowgoose), and thinking a few more pairs of bobbins  would be nice to
have.  I just searched Bobbin Lace Kit.  It is shown,  but seems to be
out-of-stock.  Experienced lacemakers on Arachne will,  perhaps, be able to
recommend something comparable for the beginner who  lives far from any lace
groups?
 Or someone can order, wait, and  spark a revival of the beginner's kit at
Halcyon.  It is about time to  again castigate kits from H*ll, and help
beginners who have recently found  Arachne.

By the way, I privately wrote to Julie to suggest she look in some of the
knitting and crochet magazines at her local Barnes & Noble book store (or on
 line) to see what length fringe might work for her.  One can compare  the
models' hand or face lengths relative to fringe lengths in photos to  work
out what is preferred.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 11/5/2015 1:07:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,