-----This is a small roller pillow so the amount that stays pinned is 1.5 " at
most.  I did use a wooden roller for the finished lace & still managed to make
a ruffle!

1.5" circumference?!  That's 1/2" diameter!  You know, you can push the pins
down and leave them in till they come up on the other side of the roller.  It's
not as convenient as taking them out before they go down into the box, but I've
done it often enough when doing a simple edging (because it lengthens so
quickly that the thread doesn't have time to get used to being in that
position).  You can remove most of the pins before they disappear, just leaving
the ones holding the sewing edge and an occasional one holding the head side
(so it doesn't get tangled or rumpled on the way around).  If it's a narrow
edging, it can just drape down the front of the pillow, or you can keep a cover
cloth under the bobbins and over the finished lace.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com

Parvum leve mentes capiunt