That is almost certainly because the original email about lace in New
Mexico was sent from a yahoo.com account, and you are reading from
an aol.com account.  Yahoo.com broke their users' ability to use mailing
lists in 2014 when they changed their DMARC configuration, announcing
to all other mail servers in the world that no yahoo.com email was allowed
to come from a non-yahoo.com server, not even via a mailing list server.
Recipients whose providers pay attention to this announcement, like Gmail
and AOL, can then no longer see emails that yahoo.com users send to mailing
lists.

Incidentally, AOL did the same thing!  Many mailing list users can likely
no longer see your own messages, Jeri, for the same reason.

Sadly, the arachne list runs on old software that apparently can not work
around this issue.  Common workarounds basically obscure the origin of
yahoo.com and gmail.com emails so that all mailing list recipients will
still see them, but there is no update for our mailing list to do this.

Amanda Furrow
Philly, Pennsylvania, US