I have a similar problem with Hotmail.
After upgrading to Windows 10 and having so many compatibility problems,
I found that it will not let me use my Hotmail address unless I am part
of big business. So I keep my Thunderbird email just for my arachne fix
on hotmail.
At some time when it is convenient for me I will change my subscribing
address and dump Hotmail.
Janis in South Africa
where we had the hottest summer since records began. Fortunately autumn
is on it's way now.