From: owner-l...@arachne.com <owner-l...@arachne.com> on behalf of Avital
<spind...@gmail.com>
Sent: 01 August 2016 04:16:35
To: H M Clarke
Cc: Lace
Subject: Re: [lace] ADMIN: Survey Request - please send privately

Helen and others,

I doubt that the data could be used for nefarious purposes. I also
wouldn't describe Anna's response as "animosity". She says she was
annoyed with the individual responses and that's a legitimate comment.
I don't participate in surveys myself, so I had no interest in the
outcome, whether on-list or off-list.

My objection was to the three digests filled with survey answers. If a
handful of people responded on the list and if their responses were a
couple lines long, I would have no objections. What I was seeing,
however, was 25+ lines per response. Our digests are only 10K. It's
not a lot of fun to scroll through pages of previously seen material.

OTOH, maybe I should stop enforcing the "Trim posts" rule. What do
digest subscribers say? Please reply to me privately, if you have any
thoughts one way or the other.

Thanks,

Avital
Arachne moderator

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 3:55 AM, H M Clarke <hcl...@mac.com> wrote:
> Wow, and people wonder why the list is so quiet these days. Sadly the
animosity remains. I have been on this list for a very long time and have seen
many ups and downs. Each down causes long term impact to the list members.

> I'm bringing the, totally voluntary, survey to an early end. I will send any
analysis privately to those people who kindly - either privately or to the
list - replied. I will not be troubling the list any further.

> Now, what nefarious deeds can I possibly use the information I have gleaned
for? Hmm, I'm curious about that now ...

--

Blog: http://apinnick.wordpress.com
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spindexr/sets