Hello gentle spiders,
When I first started to make lace there was a trend to use sheeps wool with
the lanolin still in it for pin cushions and to have another filled with emery
powder.
I was given a wool one as my first pin cushion by the lace teacher and within
a number of months all of the yellow brass pins had turned black from the
lanolin and some even marked my lace.
In the end the pin cushion and the pins went into the bin and I bought a new
box of pins and made a new pin cushion using polyester filling.
I've also never bought any emery powder for a pin cushion to sharpen my pins.
 The effort to do so seemed not worth it the one time I tried it.  I just
treat myself to a new box every few years.
L Kind Regards

Liz Baker

thelace...@btinternet.com

My chronicle of my bobbins can be found at my
website: http://www.thelacebee.com/

    On Sunday, 1 January 2017, 11:12, Agnes Boddington