I consulted my notes which consist of a few writeups of Doris over the years.
She actually wrote on a 2005 Arachne thread “How I Started lacemaking”
https://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/msg14763.html
She was an avid weaver and knitter when she first discovered bobbin lace in
1950’s Woman’s Day magazine article. After teaching herself, she then
demonstrated and  taught lace classes locally before eventually being asked to
do articles and finally a book.
I have a few articles on her from past IOLI Bulletins (including Sept 1970, Jan
1978, Spring 2009, summer 2006, and spring 2012) if you would like me to scan
and send you a pdf.
Anita

On Mar 26, 2018, at 12:37 PM, DevonThein